Office-on -the Go from Vodacom Business
Imagine opening a box delivered to your door and finding the latest laptop, printer, smart phone, email service and 3G modem all ready to connect together to create your very own state of the art office - at home or in premise - in a flash.
Vodacom Business has launched a unique professional-standard solution that brings the convergence of voice, data, and mobility, with all related hardware, within the financial reach of a large number of small businesses, start ups/home offices, consultants, consumers and students.
Known as the X-press Office On-the-Go it brings you the following products, features and benefits:
- HP 620 Laptop loaded with Microsoft Windows 7 Professional
o MS Office 2010 Home & Business (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, OneNote)
- HP Printer
- HTC Trophy Windows 7 Smartphone - exclusive to Vodafone, inclusive of
o mobile broadband
o email capabilities
o internet capabilities
- A Vodacom Smart Talk 120 tariff plan, which includes 120 voice minutes, 100 SMSs and 250MB of data per month
- Vodacom 3G data modem and SIM
- All the voice and data monthly bundles may be extended or topped
- Your own private domain name service, to give your business a professional edge (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- 2GB mailbox with up to 10 aliases-hosted with Vodacom Business, meaning your emails are safely delivered, stored and easy to retrieve up
- Onsite support voucher
At R999.00 (incl VAT) per month, with no capex outlay, the bundle is a standard 24 month Vodacom contract and contains everything you need, from one industry-leading supplier.
"We looked at what was needed for new or existing businesses, consultants or entrepreneurs to set up their own professional-standard office, or what families would like in terms of setting up a connected learning station for their kids - or even for themselves. We identified the need for an affordable, single, but complete, solution that would not only provide an instant workstation, but also satisfy the email and connectivity requirements of a small or home office to bring today's convergence solutions and leading edge technology within their reach" says Gabi Strijp, Executive Head - Mobile Solutions at Vodacom Business.
"This solution brings together state-of-the-art hardware from HP - a world-class vendor - a top of the line smart phone for mobile computing and voice and a 3G modem for connectivity anywhere. We have worked hard to ensure the systems are fully configured for minimal installation by the purchaser, with easy to follow and prompted interactive instructions. The CD provided with the system also includes instructions on how to set up a wireless network in your home or office. The systems will work out of the box, and should more assistance be required we have included an on-site support voucher in the bundle.
The X-Press Office On-the-Go solution will be delivered, usually within 24 hours, to your door, almost anywhere in the country. After the contract period all components are yours to keep. Vodacom customers can add the solution to their existing accounts Call 082 1950 to order the X-press Office On-the-Go.
View previous press releases
Vodacom notice - Phishing
Vodacom has recently been made aware of some customers receiving fraudulent emails claiming to be from Vodacom and asking for updated contact information. The mails may even look authentic and contain the Vodacom logo and corporate colours.
Note: Vodacom won't ever ask for personal information over email.
These are scams commonly known as 'phishing' and all Vodacom customers should take note of the following before responding to an email from a site asking for personal information.
- Check that the email address and the sender name match.
- Hover over (but do not click) any links to check if the address matches the link that was typed in the message.
- Make sure that the email address or phone number listed in the email is the same as the one that should be on that company's records.
- Does the message start with a generic greeting, like "Dear customer." Most legitimate companies will include the recipient's name in their messages
If you suspect a phishing mail, contact our customer care by dialing 111 from your Vodacom handset. Alternatively, send us an email by completing the Scams & Hoax form.